Skip to main content

The Ruler of my Heart


The wisdom I experience every Wednesday night as I listen to my Bishop teach completely blows my mind! Everything I need, in the moment I need it is right there and it's up to me to apply these principals to my life.

Last nights scripture reference was...

Colossians 3:15 "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful,"

We must allow the peace of God to not only rule but govern in our hearts!

Remember that Satan does not have the final say! He only has power where we allow him to have it! Even during your worst situation, when you feel all hope is gone and there is no way out, God is there! Our peace is in God!

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Comfort, peace & solace is not found in the world, or even in the people we love. It can only be found in Christ..... It will calm our fear! It will give courage where there is doubt! His peace is readily available in our spirit and never determined on our current situation.

We are asking too much of people to have a mindset of: "peace only comes when I'm around___." That real and stabilizing peace we feel in our heart cannot come from circumstance or people.

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

The peace of God "passes" over your mind and downloads directly into your spirit. That's why we can't reasonably explain why during the darkest moments in our life, we feel a sweet assurance of calm.

That peace of God we experience, surpasses circumstance and relationship. We pray "God please deliver me from my affliction..." When all the while, the very one who commands peace is already in the midst of your storm; right beside you! He vowed to never leave or forsake us. Only He can bring the steady, calm that we desire when our world is upside down.... so why is He the last person we seek counsel from?
We pray without the faith! The very reason the Lord directly deposits peace in your spirit is because our carnal mind is primarily negative. Those thoughts of peace passing first through our mind would give us time to process and pick apart all that He is promising.

The peace of God passes ALL fleshly understanding. My mom used to sing an old song:

 "I know the peace keeper, I know him by name. I know the peace keeper, he can calm the winds and rain. When He says peace be still, they have to obey. I know the peace keeper, I know him by name."

All we need is mustard seed faith that his word is final. His name is the only one we have to call. It may not happen when we want it but we can rest assured that if he can say "peace be still" and the weather changes surely the storm raging in my life will change course in due time. I won't stop serving while I'm waiting either, I will soldier on and trust His word is true!

The peace of God keeps my heart and mind on track!

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee. because he trusteth in thee."

When we submit to God, we can see through His eyes. I pray to see more clearly through His eyes. I pray for blinders. I pray to think with my spiritual mind more than my carnal. I pray for the peace of God to protect my heart & mind.

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

Even when your world is falling apart, you can have peace! The peace that God gives is a spiritual staple. Thankfully it is not subject to our circumstance. It is constant and consistent, it will always be the same.

In our worst dimension of turmoil, He gives us a peace that we are unable to articulate.

When in doubt, remember...

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

This is the key to believing we can be at peace with our situation without knowing the outcome! Gods word is true, without blemish. He promised that as long as we love, trust and serve Him; he will work it ALL out.

Trust God and face your trials in Jesus Name.

XO- Denisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!