Skip to main content

A Call To Prayer

Prayer meetings both corporately and privately have become an obsolete idea in todays society.

... Why is that?
...... Do we still believe God is in control?
......... Do we believe he can alter our situation for good?

We have to be careful to keep balance in our spiritual walk through worship, the word, prayer, fasting and daily devotion.

We are only 2 steps from our miracle! We must 1st listen and 2nd we must obey!

In John 2:1-5 we see this principal in action:

  "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there. And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, they have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour has not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."

Through vs. 5 & 6 we see a great respect and submission. Although, the Mother of Jesus could've said: "Excuse me! I am your Mother, you will do what I say and do it without talking back to me."

Instead, she reacted with the respect she knew his person deserved. She knew in her mind that she may in fact be jumping the gun encouraging him to use the gifts that he possessed. Even then she knew it must be decently, in order and in God's perfect timing.
............ This was Mary reacting with her spiritual mind and not her carnal mind.

We see in this passage 2 things happen... listening and obeying. These are the 2 steps that are essential to our miracle.

Often times we stop listening when the word we hear doesn't fit our circumstance. Doing this is the very thing that will cause us to miss out on God's miracle in our life..... We see this time and time again throughout the Bible and even still today.

Don't be afraid to move into the area God is moving you. Even when the word you hear from him is not befitting of your circumstance... Just listen and obey!

...REMEBER: You are 2 steps away from your miracle!

Even when your dreams have all dried up, never forget He is the one to speak them back to life!

Listen to the Lord! We as Christians in 21st Century have an extremely difficult time listening. We will never make it to the miracle God has in store for us if we give up and stop moving forward with his direction.

Too often we seek understanding when all we should be doing is trusting God's plan. We can't allow ourselves to become cynical, skeptical or suspicious Christians.

I like for everything to have a place, fit in a box, chart or list somehow..... God doesn't work that way and I have to remind myself frequently, he is the Captain. It's not my will be done but his! He has taught me so many times that if I would just stop being stubborn and trust him, I would save myself a tremendous amount of stress.... (I'm sure my husband would agree if I allowed him to insert a comment here)

When you listen to him, don't expect the answer to fit your circumstance, often times it will not. We have to have an ear to hear.

Trust God! Don't give up! Develop your personal relationship with him no matter what those around you are doing. People most always disappoint so we can't live accord to them. God will never leave or forsake us, that we can count on always!

My Pastor issued a call to prayer last night! We shook things up a bit at our mid-week Bible Study in order to prepare for the shaking that is to come.

........We are being tested......

The question to ask yourself is "Will I pass the test?"

For far too long, we've put prayer and interaction with God at the bottom of our list. When change comes our attitude reeks of selfishness and compassionless ramblings. If we took more time to grow in Christ and nurture our relationship with him we would always keep "Thy will be done in spite of me" at the front of our mind. I am of course preaching to the choir but may we always remember Christ is our cornerstone, from where our foundation should rest.

I want to pass the test! I want to pray without ceasing. I want to change not just the world around me but I want to change myself!

In our current situation we are either 2 steps from a miracle or 2 steps from destruction...........

................... Where do you stand?

XO~ Denisha








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!