Skip to main content

Pastor Appreciation

For many a Pastor is a spiritual leader who helps keep them on track. Someone who you come and confide in once or twice a week. Someone who encourages you and helps you sort through problems. For me it's a little different, I have the unique & profound pleasure to share a special bond with my Pastor. I call him husband and my children call him Dad!

My Pastor is seamless with his transition from home to church. He is a kind, caring & compassionate man who I completely trust my soul with and that's an easy decision for me because he treats my heart with the utmost care.

My pastor naturally exudes character qualities that assist him in being an astounding Pastor. They say your age shouldn't affect your ability to minister and trust me he has not allowed his young age to hold him back one bit. He has complete confidence in God so he doesn't require confidence in men which completely inspires me. To be courageous & have wisdom beyond your years isn't found too often but that he has and for that I am such a proud wife.

My husband had a great teacher in his grandfather and it had a great teacher in his nana! They are big shoes to fill but every day we ask God go lead us in righteousness.

I thank God for the life I'm blessed with & I thank God for the husband I'm blessed with. I never have to share him because he puts family first always and that makes my heart swell!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea