Skip to main content

Wonder

A man with a vision can lead God's people into great revival! My husband is not only a profound visionary for our church, but for our family and for our district! I grow more in love with him with each passing day and I know that everything he does is in love and compassion.

My husband has taught me to be loving, kind and most of all forgiving. I remember having such a hard spirit and for the most part only viewing through pessimistic eyes. Now, I live in a world full of hope, plans and dreams! Growing up I never really looked forward to anything, because I spent too much time putting everything before God.

When we put people and "things" before God we need a reality check. The Bible clearly says: "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

You see growing up I worried so much about pleasing and fitting in that I was fighting to be what God didn't want me to be. Once I stopped worrying so much about what everyone else wanted for my life and starting doing what God wanted things in my life started to be a little more clear. At a young age I began fasting and praying about God's will for my life, then one unplanned day I met my husband.... Well my life you could say began at that moment! At least spiritually - I was oblivious to so many biblical principals and having knowledge of those principals are vital to living the way God desires us to live. I became exposed to the most amazing opportunities, teachings and guidance a person could ask for.

I obviously am not saying I had a bad life... without my mother my life would've been a train wreck! I love her more than anything and I am grateful that she gave me her blessing to changing my life in a way that transformed me into the mom, wife and first lady that I am. I in no way have yet arrived, I die out daily and start each day with Jesus. Without doing that I am just a below average Christian.

When will we realize it's not enough to have one experience with God, but every day should be full of blessings and thanks. I heard a great preacher say "your blessing is in the add on." So, what are you going to do that will say to God "I'm ready for change! I'm ready to receive that miracle You're holding for me. I'm going to give my all to you and then some. I want to give more than the bare minimum!" I think it's time for more. I'm some what of a nerd when it comes to organization and planning... I like lists!
 So, I sat down this morning and made 2 lists:
        1. My Spiritual Hygiene List - Everything I'm doing to ensure my soul is groomed and not spoiling on a daily, weekly, monthly & yearly basis.
        2.My Daily Activities List - My responsibilities to my family. My hobbies. My down time.

As a mom, all of these are important to my health and well- being, but I want to make sure I have the right balance. For example: I love dreaming on my iPad and redecorating but if I'm giving more time to my fictional houses and furniture I could never afford than I'm giving to my God time than I'm unbalanced.

It's not a sin or a horrible wrong to navigate on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Etsy etc. but it's the time we devote to those things that can sometimes be questionable. It even goes further than spiritual, if you neglect your daily responsibilities to get up on the latest gossip you could be unbalanced there as well.

I just absolutely need to share with my readers the importance of being spiritually pure and groomed as we fight such perilous times. The way we purge the junk and stay this way is to make God first in ALL we do. First and foremost we must remember that God is our provider not man. He knows our faults as well as our qualities, how wonderful a God that knows my every thought and still blesses me!

In my life He is truly  an awesome wonder!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!