Skip to main content

Sunday Servant

This morning I ran around like a mad woman to get my two boys dressed and ready for church then to get myself ready.... Then to run through & get food at Burger King...... Then to pick up my Bass player for musicians practice....

See this Sunday was a bit more hectic considering my husband was preaching at our newly launched daughter work and I was doing the "Sunday Routine" solo! No worries though when we are busy doing God's work we are Happy Christians (I heard a smart lady say that once) I try to always be sure I'm smiling when serving in the church because that's what God likes to see! Today we took communion at Faith Tabernacle and it is always such a humbling time! Taking that sacred cup that is filled up with God's love and blood is a feeling no words could describe!

I played "The Old Rugged Cross" for the first time ever and playing it while absorbing the congregation singing as a choir in unison all while we felt God's love pour over us! Well, that's something you have to experience to truly understand. The words of the song simply tell a story of the sacrifice Jesus made.....

"On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame." Those first few words always greet me with an overwhelming flow of emotion!

"So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, 'till my trophies at last I lay down. I will cling to the old rugged cross and exchange it some day for a crown." I vow each time I stand in reverence to a most holy God that I will never take for granite the ultimate sacrifice he made that day and I will love the cross and hold true to it each and every day!


God's love is more powerful than anything else in this world and to know that in spite of our sin and faults he died for you & me! I am thankful for God and his abounding grace that knows no end... for that knowledge alone I have nothing to complain about. What could I possibly fret over that could be more impacting or life altering that to know that God will never leave me or forsake me? He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother!


As my husband says "my greatest accomplishment is to be a Servant of God and Servant to Man."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!