Skip to main content

Communities Rise

Time and time again we see tragedy strike a community through one natural disaster or another. It breaks my heart to see homes destroyed, schools torn apart, lives taken and catastrophe scattered all around. I have learned that things can be replaced but a life cannot. My husband is extremely sentimental so, I do understand how torn a person can be about evacuating in times of crisis.


The unfortunate truth is that we often stay trapped in our own world, facing problems alone and rarely calling out for help. It's ok to not have it all together. We are human after all!

Devastation and Natural Disasters teach us a valuable lesson if we slow down long enough to absorb it....

Communities rise!


We feel the pain of our neighbor. All walks of life, religion, ethnicity and gender come together to accomplish one common goal and that is survival.


In a world far from this one, we borrowed sugar from our neighbor. We had tea with our neighbor. We invited our neighbor to dinner and raised families together. We weren't afraid to wave or say "hello". We knew our neighbor by name and shared our lives with one another. We saw a need and came to their aid......

Now, in the sad way that the human race has evolved; we can't speak to a neighbor without fear of offense and we most certainly don't walk in their yard without a welcome invitation.

This is the way we live in 2018! So sad the way of change.

However, I feel hopeful that my confidence in community can change with one simple act of kindness. I can be the change I wish to see.
I can start the revolution of "love thy neighbor." The same way our beloved town of Mayberry had.

I don't want to wait for a natural disaster to become community minded! I want to see my community rise now, before the need occurs. What's wrong with being proactive?

Kindness doesn't cost a thing. I once heard someone say:
"Bad things happen when good people do nothing." 

I don't want my children to grow up in a world of constant negativity. Where they don't believe in anything but hate, disloyalty and suspicion. Manners are still relevant no matter how unpopular they've become.

Be the change in your community. It starts at home so, practice on your family... I guarantee you they won't complain. Be the light that shines even when you're in the valley. Spread goodness, love and compassion.

What are  you doing to grow your community? You can start today, right now.... You may be asking yourself how???

Well, I'm glad you asked!

Pray. All you have to do is pray and God will lead your heart to the rest. While you wait for God's direction, just spread kindness. Smile and wave! No one ever failed by being kind! Have faith in the people around you and trust that they most likely are searching for that spark that you have.

Communities rise when there is a need! Right now, this world needs love so rise up and give it!

XO - Denisha



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!