Skip to main content

Oh The Cruises You Will Go

My sweet little family just finished our first Cruise together! 8 days on the Sea with my boys aboard the beautiful Carnival Vista! We were extremely blessed to have this experience together celebrating Birthdays and Fall Break.


Logan turned 6 a few weeks back and Corban turns 10 next Monday!!
           I will be a Mother of PRE-TEEN......

My husband & I do our best to take our boys out of town during Fall Break each year in lieu of Birthday parties! Which, lets face it; in this day of Pinterest any party can seem unattainable.

Each morning as I woke up with the sunrise and my complimentary room service, I realized just how blessed I was! I have most certainly been inspired to transform my Master Room Porch area into a serene Coffee spot!

My sweet breakfast buddies definitely made the experience extra special!


Our first Port of Call was Amber Cove. Amber Cove is in Puerto Plata, a popular beach town of the Dominican Republic. This area was first discovered by Christopher Columbus in the 1490's. The Amber Cove area was opened in 2015 so it's still pretty new. My family enjoyed visiting Ocean World Adventure. There, my husband went swimming with SHARKS!!!! The highlight of the day was Corban being chosen to assist the Dolphin Trainers during their show! He was overwhelmed with joy to be in the water with these friendly animals!




Next stop, La Romana, Dominican Republic! This area dates back to the 16th Century and is considered the most wealthy province in the D.R.
          The day we were her was extremely HOT and HUMID! We enjoyed walking through their local market which exposed us to plenty of local culture. On our way back to the ship we were able to see tons of Crab (large & small) scaling the wall of the dock!


Third stop, Aruba....... Which always prompted me breaking out into "Aruba, Bahama, come one pretty Mama...." Again, extremely HOT & HUMID! However, I walked into my first EVER Louis
Vuitton

            ***Cue the cheesy smiles***
Then to top it off, we found a Starbuck and I purchased my 1st "Global Icon" Collectors Mug to add to my "You Are Here" Collection!


Our Last Port of Call was Curacao. (Pronounced Kur-e-sow) This island country is in the Dutch Caribbean region and you can definitely see that through it's unique architectural designs. The boardwalk in Willemstad is a perfect example of this.



We ended our Cruise with 2 days at Sea traveling back to Miami.

During that time we ate, stared at the Ocean, played Trivia that we had no chance of winning, ate, walked around exploring, had Breakfast with Dr. Seuss, Took in shows celebrating various Cultures, Sat in on a Cooking Demonstration, Took TONS of pictures, had more ice cream cones than I care to divulge and most of all thoroughly enjoyed each other!


The highlight for me was the Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast!







Oh, by the way... my husband tried Lobster, Ratatouille & Clam Chowder!!!!
 
 Ratatouille, in my opinion was delicious!


My boys would tell you it was the best time of their life! That is all thanks to the stellar staff of Carnivals Camp Ocean!! I couldn't say more positive things about another Youth Vacation Program.
Dr. Seuss Parade! "Dr. Seuss is on the loose"
 Build-A-Bear @ Camp Ocean!!!

My tiny introverted human came out of his shell and wanted to only spend time at Camp Ocean!

Another great Family Vacation in the books along with many priceless memories!

I am one blessed Wife & Mama! My husband is the King of my heart & he does a fantastic job teaching our boys to be Gentlemen! I couldn't be more happy with my life!

XO -Denisha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!