Skip to main content

Oh, The Stages We Go

I honestly believe it's our human nature to think, analyze and often times self-destruct because of it. Why is it hard to believe that every area of our lives could be amazing? 
It's ok to not be perfect.... NEWS FLASH, you were never perfect in the first place.

Where is it written that we have to be the bionic woman/man? 
We are allowed to feel and be emotional. It's ok to make mistakes. 
In fact it's a good thing!

There are many stages of life. Sometimes, when you pass through stages you are completely in control of everything that you do and other times you aren't. What I mean is there comes a time in life where you start to do more of what makes everyone around you happy, even if its not exactly what you want. It's not to say you aren't happy making those around you happy.....

I feel like I'm writing a Dr. Seuss book!

Women are hard wired to serve and do. We love to give gifts, cook, bake, clean, build, play etc. So, we are naturally happy making those around us happy even when it requires sacrifice.

A Mother is completely sold out to making her house a home, which means making the environment warm and inviting. Usually, until a Mother's children reach a certain age they are her only concern. It doesn't matter what she wants or needs because she only has her children for a short while.

Unfortunately, we do not live in a time where maternal = nurturing, self-less, dedicated, consistent etc. As it once did!

I fully believe that we can and should embrace each stage of life and live it to the very fullest. I have learned that sometimes you just do what makes your family happy regardless of anything else. 
You could be on totally different pages of expectation and wants but what matters is that the home is happy and that is a Mother's job. 

I personally wear many hats: Wife, Mom, Pastor's Wife, Music Leader, Youth Pres. Wife.

However, in wearing all of these hats the one that holds the most importance at this time is MOM. My children are 7 & 3 so it is very important that I provide a safe, loving home. I also, have to be able to consistently do the perfect juggling act.

For so long I've listened to myself say "I want to ___" but it's not about me or what I want. I could have all the talent in the world but what am I teaching my kids or better yet the ladies in my church if all my time and energy go to everything but my kids?

As a Pastor's Wife there are many things I would love to do but the stage of life that I currently reside is being a Mom and I'm ok with that. I read a quote that said 
"My goal is to build a life I don't need a vacation from"

As our stages changes, our interest usually change. I guess what I'm saying is, it's ok to change. It's ok to evolve into a different person as you move into a new stage.  
Be You!
Be Happy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathomless Billows Of Love

On this day 12 years ago I lost my brother. I remember the sound of the voice on the other side of the phone telling us to come to the hospital. I remember being cold. I remember the sounds of the chaos around me. I remember the chair I sat in as I watched my mom try to be strong. I remember so many little details but mainly I remember the giant hole it left in my heart! Nothing can ever separate us from [God's]  love . ... I remember singing  Peace, peace, wonderful peace, Coming down from the Father above! Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray In fathomless billows of love! What does "Fathomless billows of love" even mean Fathomless means  something that can't be understood; a  billow  is like a cloud swelling because of a sudden surge. So...... as many times as I questioned God's presence, his love never failed. It comes in waves and blows into my soul in a way that I can't understand. It soothes just when I can't handle another blow. It embraces me when

To Be A Pillar

It's easy to be weak but it's hard to be strong! What do you want your life to say about you? "The wise woman builds not only for herself but for those who follow along behind her." -Joy Haney You have to confidently know that God will fulfill every promise he has every made to you & trust that it will happen in his timing. It's when we get impatient and want it our way that we become weak and fall short. God has called each of us to be a servant in his kingdom and sometimes we get caught up and forget its not about me or you! Its always about the kingdom, you can't serve people and bring them to the kingdom without being a people person or without being about His business! If the world can't see Jesus in you and through you why would they want it? Sometimes by being still and silent you are standing tall & speaking loud! It is ignorant and careless to share every thought and opinion that we have. Think before you speak, blog, tweet or text!!

The Young Minister's Wife, So Harshly Judged

A life lesson I had to learn the hard way was: IT'S OK TO SAY "NO" I am not backslid or a stuck up snob if I can't attend every Ladies Meeting and Youth Event in Georgia. At the stage of life I'm in, I have 2 small boys who need and deserve the majority of my time. Not to mention I am a Pastor's Wife/Music Director. They always come first and that sometimes means I have to decline an invitation.  It's unfortunate that it is said "She uses her kids as a crutch" or "She isn't in the altar praying for everyone, she's just in the back socializing" If you could really understand what a Ministers Wife with small children truly has to conquer in order to just be at an event we would give them gold stars and nothing but praise every chance we get.  I don't think we should walk on egg shells or take on more than we can handle because we are afraid of what everyone else thinks about us sitting with our children instea